I think morning routines are the cornerstone for having a successful day. If you have a daily morning routine, you start the day off with structure that can bleed into the rest of your day. These are things that I incorporate into my morning routine
- Wake up earlier than you would like and at the same time everyday. I think this is one of the most important things you can do if you are trying to provide structure to your LIFE. If you can wake up at the same time EVERYDAY you have just created a solid foundation for our ever changing daily existence. If you wake up early you’ll have more time in the day to get things done, and waking up early is self afflicted adversity which is very important in today’s day and age.
- Read something that gets your mind thinking. I read books that have a quick message that gets me thinking first thing in the morning. What I mean by this is I read books that provide me with questions to ask myself, a quote that I can reflect on, or a lesson that I can reflect on. If you do this it just opens your mind up to possibilities and ideas you would not have thought of by yourself.
- Journal. After I read, I journal. This one is super important for people who lack self love. I think this and meditation are the two most important things an individual can do to cultivate love for self. When I journal I write as if I am having a conversation with myself. It feels like I am talking to myself while I journal. What you journal about is up to you, but I will tell you how I journal in a later blog.
- Move your body and get your heart rate up. I would suggest getting up and either going for a walk or a run. You can do yoga or light stretching if you prefer. Doing this in the morning will wake your body up as well as give you clarity for the day. While you’re walking or running you will gain a very strong sense of clarity, and many answers to questions you might have had or didn’t even know you had will come pouring into your head. I prefer to do my running or my walking without music for this reason. I find that when you are walking or running the raise in your heart rate will put you in such a positive mind frame that all the solutions to your problems will also be positive. You can’t come up with positive solutions to problems in a negative mindset, so your morning walk or run is the perfect time to naturally come up with solutions to problems and gain clarity for the day.
- Cold showers. After you finish your morning movement, hop in a nice cold shower! Cold showers are good for your mind because they build that mental toughness and fortitude. It is never easy getting into a cold shower even if you have been doing it for a while, so pushing yourself to do something hard every day first thing sets you up for that success. Cold showers are also great for your immunity and recovery. They are good for your immunity and recovery because the cold water forces your lymph nodes to start circulating and forces your blood to circulate all over your body and through your muscles. Cold showers are also great for your skin, so if you have bad skin they will definitely help!
- Meditation. This is the last part of the morning routine. Meditate and gain control of your mind before you head into the day. If you do it in the morning it makes it harder for things to get in the way of your meditation causing you to skip your practice. I already made a guide on how to meditate, so if you don’t know how to meditate go read that guide. I will make a blog about the benefits of meditation soon as well, so you can read that to gain an understanding of the immense benefits of meditating.
If you have read this far I just want to say thank you so much and I hope you found everything helpful. Like always if you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out through email (email@example.com) or DM me on Instagram and check out my YouTube channel for training videos!
Leave a Reply